Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Six Flags News: New England's Thomas Town and Johnny Rockets


MassLive has an article today about Six Flags New England being granted approval to build their Thomas Town. The article states that the area will go on "an existing parking lot," and will be "adjacent to the park's main entrance." From this, I posted where I'm guessing the area will go in the picture above. I don't know for sure, but that is what makes sense to me. The article also lists the attraction as opening in June.

June!? Wow Mr. Shaprio - that's right when the season opens, right? Eh, anyway...

Six Flags has also put out another press release about a new "alliance" with Johnny Rockets restaurants. In addition to marketing programs, Six Flags will open Johnny Rockets restaurants in 26 of its parks over the next three years. 2007 will see the restaurants opening at Great America, Over Texas, Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, Fiesta Texas, and St. Louis.

I wonder how far Mark Shapiro will take marketing alliances and the parks. I don't see why the Six Flags parks do not have a bathroom sponsor yet. I'm serious, paper towels, toilet paper anyone? Just wait.


1 comments:

nicoweb said...

Hi everyone,

This article is very interesting.
You can find the whole list of international Johnny's Rocket fast-foods restaurants at http://www.fast-foods-restaurants.com/ .
I will take more time now to read the others posts of this definitively interestant blog.

Thanks and good lunch/dinner :-)