Tuesday, August 28, 2007

1986 Dorney Park Brochure





I decided that since there's a lot of rumors about the possible demise of Laser at Dorney (and a ton of other Cedar Fair roller coasters), I would put up the brochure from the year it made its debut.

As you can see, they used either a picture of Laser before it was moved and painted, or of another similar coaster.







There's Colossus! I didn't realize I had a copy of the logo for the ride when it had that name. Colossus + a snake makes no sense to me, but who cares. Also new was Playport, which I suppose was part of Chester Cheeto's? Also the go-karts.

That play thing in the water looks fun. The lawyers would never allow that now.

I tried to stitch together these two images and it did not work out well, so my apologies.

This image has lots to see - like the Wave Swinger in it's former location. Also, check out that guy just flying down that slide! Could you imagine that being in a brochure today!?

There's also the former body slides, surfing in the wave pool, and of course the Flying Dutchman.

A nice little walk down memory lane.


0 comments: